Vitamin D Test

Check your Vitamin D status.

If you don’t like being in the sun, are strict with your SPF routine, tend to cover up with clothes, have darker skin, you are at a higher risk of low vitamin D or vitamin D deficiency.

It is advised to take a vitamin D supplement in the autumn and winter months, as we naturally are exposed to less sunlight.

Although some foods are rich in vitamin D, like oily fish, our bodies only roughly absorb 10% of vitamin D from this source. The other 90% is made in our bodies, and this process requires sun exposure.

Common symptoms of vitamin D deficiency include low mood, weak muscles and getting sick a lot. Stick with us to learn more about vitamin D and our health, how to test your vitamin D levels and why it is so important.

At Remedies you can check your vitamin D status with a Finger-Prick sample with results in 10 minutes.

The Importance of Sufficient Vitamin D Levels:

  • Promoting healthy bones and teeth
  • Supporting immune, brain, and nervous system health
  • Regulating insulin levels and supporting diabetes management
  • Supporting lung function and cardiovascular health

How it works:

  • Simple finger prick test – The pharmacist will take a sample of your blood with a finger stick.
  • Results in 10 minutes – The pharmacist will give you the test result within minutes, while you are still in the exam room.

Prices Starting From

€10 Book an Appointment


Your body needs vitamin D for the following functions:
  • Supporting the immune system
  • Muscle function
When your body is low in vitamin D, it can show in a variety of ways, including:
  • Joint and bone aches
  • Growth problems
  • Constipation
  • Gum disease
  • Insufficient absorption of sunlight
  • Breastfed babies
  • Older adults
  • People with limited sun exposure
  • Dark-skinned people

Other groups of people who may struggle to make enough vitamin D in their bodies include:

  • People with conditions that limit fat absorption, e.g. Chron’s disease, cystic fibrosis and liver disease
  • People who have had gastric bypass surgery
  • Obese individuals
  • Vegans and vegetarians (only if they don’t get enough sun!)
Your symptoms will be taken into consideration and your doctor will likely order you a vitamin D deficiency test (blood test) to explore any suspicions.
You should consider checking your vitamin D levels if you have been experiencing some of the symptoms and/or are in one of the at-risk groups.
Vitamin D home test kits are available, so you test your vitamin D test at home.
  • Elderly
  • Vegetarians and vegans
  • Those of a dark complexion
  • Those who do not get much exposure to sunlight
  • Those who wear sunblock daily
  • Patients with disease of malabsorption (ceoliac, crohn’s disease, short bowel syndrome, ulcerative colitis).
  • People over the age of 65
  • Chronic treatment with certain medications: ketoconazole, corticosteroids, antiretrovirals, antiepileptics.
  • Those with autoimmune disease
  • Those with allergy
  • Those with metabolic disease (diabetes, lipid disorders, obesity).
The price for the Vitamin D test is €10.