Food Intolerance Testing
Find out which foods might be affecting your health and well-being.
Foodprint is a blood test that shows if our bodies are intolerant to some foods. Food intolerance or non-allergic food hypersensitivity is a negative reaction to a food, beverage, food additive, or compounds found in foods. Foodprint is a highly sensitive and accurate laboratory test that is the first step in identifying which foods may be causing an inappropriate immune response and affecting your health.
Intolerance produces symptoms in one or more body organs and systems. It is not a true food allergy. A true food allergy requires the presence of immunoglobulin E (IgE) antibodies against the food, whereas food intolerance is usually associated with the presence of food-specific immunoglobulin G (IgG) antibodies. Symptoms of food intolerance are often delayed for many hours or even days and for this reason it is often hard to identify the problem foods. The Foodprint test can identify the foods that cause this delayed sensitivity by detecting food-specific IgG antibodies.
Often patients report multiple symptoms such as gut pain with headaches and skin rash. Common Symptoms include:
- Anxiety (Acute or Chronic)
- Stress, Tension and a Sense of Frustration
- Constipation, Diarrhea, Bloating and Indigestion
- Headaches and Migraines
- Joint Pain and Roughness
- Asthma , Bronchitis or Chest Pain
- Water Retention
- Muscle Pain and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Itchy Skin
- Weight Control Problems
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
How it Works:
- Blood samples are taken at our clinics by a health practitioner
- Blood samples are analysed by an accredited lab by using a new, state of the art assay based on microarray technology to detect IgG antibodies specific for over 200 foods including a combination of dairy, meat, fish, fruit, vegetables, cereals and nuts.
- You will receive your test result from the health practitioner within seven working days along with a dietary regime, specially tailored for you, and a full Support Package including “Help Notes”. A qualified nutritionist will also provide you with the needed support and follow up.
Our Nutrition team is also here to help, if you have a query about your results or the test, or would like a personalized dietary plan based on your results.
At Remedies we offer 2 types of food intolerance testing. These include:
- Food Detective – 59 foods Price: €150
- Food Print – 220 foods Price: €260
Food Detective® is a point-of-care test that screens for the presence of IgG antibodies to 59 common foods, giving results in 40 minutes. FoodPrint® is a laboratory-based system which utilises an innovative, colorimetric microarray-based ELISA technology for the measurement of food-specific IgG antibodies in human serum or plasma for over 200 different foods. Both systems use specific food extracts to identify the corresponding level of circulating IgG antibodies to these potential antigens and can therefore detect foods to which the immune system is reacting.
- an enzyme deficiency or chemical sensitivity
- an immune response related to food specific antibodies called ( IgG) antibodies These antibodies recognize and bind to specific food proteins to form complexes in the body which can accumulate in joints and other organs where they cause many of the symptoms associated with food intolerance.