Blood Pressure Monitoring
High Blood Pressure or hypertension is often asymptomatic and consequently goes unnoticed. If left untreated hypertension can increase your risk of serious heart problems such as heart attack and stroke. The only way to test for hypertension is through blood pressure monitoring.
This service is available at all our pharmacies without the need for an appointment.
How it works:
- Visit your nearest Remedies Pharmacy
- Consultation with the pharmacist
- The pharmacist will check your BP
- The result will be recording in the patient monitoring card
- The pharmacist will give advice based on the results
How you prepare:
- Do not smoke, exercise or drink caffeinated beverages for 30 minutes to an hour before the test. …
- Consider wearing a short-sleeved shirt so that the blood pressure cuff can be placed more easily around your arm.
- Relax in a chair for at least five minutes before the test.
- Advise the pharmacist about the medications you take as there may be medications that affect your blood pressure.