The Pharmacy of Your Choice (POYC) scheme is a national pharmaceutical service which provides thousands of patients suffering from chronic conditions with free pharmaceutical stock through the government, under Schedule II and Schedule V legislation through the community pharmacies.
How it works:
- Visit with consultant
- Documentation submission to POYC
- Medicines Request Form
- Prescription for chronic medication
- Copy of ID Card
- Pharmacy Registration Form
- Entitlement documents issued by POYC including Schedule II (Pink) or Schedule V (Yellow)
- Collection of free medicines from registered pharmacy
- Patients are to collect their medicines from the pharmacy they are registered with every 28 days (1 month) for controlled drugs (GREEN prescriptions) and every 56 days (2 months) for all other medicines (WHITE prescriptions).
- A valid a control card duly filled-in by the medical practitioner
- ID Card